How can I prepare my company for the next disaster?
- Plan ahead to protect your assets: business continuity plans must take into account the risks related to natural hazards. For instance, you must plan evacuation system for your employees and consumers. You can also design a Family Disaster Preparedness Checklist for your employees following the model prepared by the Business Roundtable and Red Cross.
- Plan your giving: Businesses must also think through what form of assistance they will provide when a disaster strikes. While cash donations can easily be accepted during disasters, donation of services and products should be negotiated with recipient organisations before the emergency as they generally involve complex issues such as appropriateness, compatibility, training, logistics, security and customs clearance.
If your company would like to engage in any of these ways, please fill out the forms on this website and propose your idea for partnership. Appropriate UN organisations can then see your interests and take the discussion forward.
- Can we help those in need while making a profit? (27)
- How can we be sure our collaboration is strategic? (23)
- How can companies help with disasters? (49)
- Does the UN want our goods & services? (77)