Advocacy of global issues
Corporations and UN organisations can partner effectively to advance awareness of global issues. For example: climate change, HIV/AIDs, poverty, disaster preparedness.
UN organisations can bring their:
- global reach, with access to 191 government bodies
- grassroots knowledge through on the ground presence in many nations
- experience, routinely handling issues of these kinds
- network of further relevant organisations, non-profit groups, academic institutions, interested businesses and more.
Companies can bring their:
- networks, drawing upon with their client bases
- financial provision, product branding or core services
- influence, particularly if they form a consortium of like-minded parties
- strategic engagement, whether philanthropic or for-profit in nature.