Jan 2010 - Haiti: Earthquakes
- Donate via the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)
- Equipment & medical personnel to aid search & rescue efforts in Haiti
- Rally your employees to help the hungry in Haiti
- Support WFP’s Haiti operations with your company’s expertise
More about how companies can help
1. Provide in-kind assistance to the UN
Participating UN agencies funds and programmes have been invited to submit needs for in-kind support via this website as needs assessments are completed. Please check back here to see requests as they are added in coming days.
Companies are also welcome to propose ideas for partnership directly via this website. Please indicate that your proposal is in response to the earthquake in Haiti to ensure it is directed to the relevant parties across the UN system.
2. Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)
Provide funding to the CERF, a global fund to help victims of disasters and conflicts around the world. Prior to the earthquake, CERF had already allocated nearly $39 million for humanitarian response in Haiti since 2006. Haiti is the sort of international aid “orphan” the CERF was created to help. Read more about the history of OCHA and Haiti.
3. Emergency Relief Response Fund for Haiti
Provide funding to the UN Emergency Relief Response Fund for Haiti:
Contact Laura Rodriguez, External Relations and Partnerships Section, UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs to receive banking details.
A report on expenditures will be available via the Financial Tracking Service. Companies are encouraged to report their contributions to the FTS.
- Disaster Response Team relocates main outpost to Las Americas International Airport in Dominican Republic
- Ericsson Response volunteers are getting ready to deploy a GSM network in Haiti to support relief efforts in the earthquake-stricken country
- OCHA and Microsoft partner on Haiti earthquake coordination website