This project aims to provide the supply chain with a sustainable alternative to wooden pallets and to increase awareness about how supply chain operations will achieve sustainability goals with the durable BLOCKPal™ pallet.
RM2 (LSE: RM) is a global, vertically integrated innovator in pallet design, manufacture, supply and logistics life-cycle advantages for superior pricing and sustainable performance.
RM2 USA and the RM2 Group specialize in pallet development, manufacture, supply and management. With the goal to establish a leading presence in global pallet supply and improve the supply chain of manufacturing and distribution businesses through the effective use and management of composite pallets
In 2015 RM2 took the American Business Act on Climate Pledge to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to climate action and a voice to support for a strong outcome to the COP21 United Nations Conference on Climate Change in 2015. As the global community develops the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) to achieve by 2030, this project recognizes how the BLOCKPal pallet can deliver sustainable and affordable solutions to supply chain operations.
The following is a comprehensive approach in how RM2 will promote sustainability:
• Reducing RM2 manufacturing GHG emissions intensity 20% by 2025, compared with its 2015 baseline.
• Reducing pallet-related CO2 emissions by 21% when customers switch from a conventional pallet to the RM2 BLOCKPal.
• Through projected customer usage, the RM2 BLOCKPal will help in the reduction of 1.9 million tons of CO2 by 2025 and 4.4 million tons by 2030.
• RM2 will continue to explore investment in technologies, products and processes that promote sustainability. It will continue to develop tracking and logistics software that provides real time intelligence to monitor and optimize the efficient movement of any transit equipment.
• RM2 will continue its strategy to reduce the impact of manufacturing and operations in the areas of water, waste and CO2 emissions. RM2’s strategy includes:
1) The continued reduction of impact in fabrication and assembly operations
2) Further adoption of new technologies with reduced environmental impact
3) Seeking suppliers with similar eco-efficient strategies
4) Publishing annual RM2 CSR and Sustainability reports, starting in 2016.