By: Filippo Veglio, WBCSD
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development has launched a new easy-to-use presentation and simulation tool to help companies and stakeholders identify and implement inclusive business models, namely ventures that profitably engage low-income populations across companies’ value chains and develop affordable products and services that meet the needs of low-income populations…
The tool aims to:
- Raise awareness of the role of business in development
- Introduce the challenges, drivers and principles of inclusive business
- Present good practice examples along the value chain
- Identify risks and opportunities in building inclusive business through simulation
- Suggest ways to integrate inclusive business into company strategy
A key feature of the tool is the simulation activity which is designed to be used in an interactive workshop setting to identify risks and opportunities in building inclusive business. The tool comes in the form of a PowerPoint pack and is adaptable and customizable for awareness raising and capacity building activities of companies and organizations active in this field. It includes a facilitation guide with information on how to use the tool and links to additional resources. All documents are available in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
To download the tool, please click here
For more information, please contact: Filippo Veglio, Deputy Director, Development Focus Area, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).