UN Climate Change is interested in partnering with key stakeholders who demonstrate a willingness to exercise social and environmental responsibility towards the fast reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and enhanced resilience to the effects of climate change.
Support from the business sector significantly enhances the work of the UN Climate Change secretariat as it offers resources such as knowledge, expertise, financing, access and outreach that accelerate progress towards the implementation of its mandates. The secretariat welcomes the opportunity to engage and collaborate with various stakeholders to achieve the aims and ambitions of the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement.
The financial or in-kind contribution (skills, human resources, tools, technology, materials and equipment) will increase the secretariat’s capacity and resources to support developing countries to undertake the transformation required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement, carry out strategic outreach to promote climate action among stakeholders such as the public, cities, regions, business and civil society and to deploy technology and innovation.
Interested parties can support the secretariat by:
1) Carrying out strategic outreach to promote climate action among stakeholders including cities, regions, business and civil society. The secretariat seeks partnerships that can support it in facilitating cooperative activities to catalyze climate action, for instance, by mobilizing public and private actors to address climate change, leading the organization of high-level events on how to enhance climate action or sharing best practices.
2) Supporting projects of the secretariat aimed at addressing its institutional needs and strengthening the services related to the administration of the secretariat, information and communication technologies (ICT), communications and the organization of conferences and meetings through technology and innovation.
3) Engaging with the secretariat to showcase relevant content, as well as products and services that can enable or support the implementation of the Paris Agreement. Collaborating with content partners, the secretariat aims to highlight and encourage corporate and civil leadership through activities such as:
- Joint events: This can include round table discussions, presentations, media briefings, media stunts, among others.
- Content production and dissemination: this includes, but is not limited to, video interviews, blog posts, news articles, and joint exhibitions and installations.
The partnerships including financial and in-kind contributions will be recognized by the secretariat in its communication and outreach as well as during its major conferences.
For more information, clarification or to explore areas for collaboration, prospective partners are invited to contact us by email at email@example.com.