AIM2Flourish is a global prize to celebrate businesses that are profitable by selling products or services that are good for people and the planet. We do this by offering Professors the first and only higher-education curriculum to teach the new UN Global Goals.
AIM2Flourish invites and prepares business school professors around the world to teach the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to our next generation of business leaders. We provide Professor Resources to teach students how to conduct an “Appreciative Inquiry”; strength-based interviewing techniques that can reveal what inspired company presidents and corporate CEOs to create innovations with social impact. Many students tell us that the experience of researching innovations and connecting with their innovators through “Appreciative Inquiry” interviewing shifts their career goals to tackle real world problems.
Today, professors and students in some 50 countries participate on our AIM2Flourish.com platform. Together they’ve already published some 200 examples of diverse and inspiring business innovation stories—most of which can’t be found in business publications or anywhere else.
For instance, we’ve learned –
• Plastic grocery bags in Indonesia made from tapioca biodegrade in just two weeks and support the country’s cassava farmers in a cooperative.
• Portable solar water filtration systems in Africa can generate 800 liters of fresh water in rugged areas of the continent.
• A simple “Lucky Iron Fish” added to rice pots in Cambodia is an effective way to fight iron deficiency among one-quarter of the population.
• A Brazilian company that respects rainforest resources can produce quality cosmetics in harmony with nature.
At the end of 2016, all of the stories gathered globally and published on AIM2Flourish.com will be considered for one of the 17 Flourish Prizes matched to each of the 17 UN SDGs. We’ll celebrate the extraordinary best-of-the-best at the Fourth Global Forum on June 14-16, 2017 at CWRU in Cleveland, Ohio.Project objectives
By December 31, 2016, we aim publish 300 inspiring examples of businesses that are doing well and doing good for the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Today, our community numbers 900 people in 50 countries today, with an active professor community of 135. By December 31, 2016, we aim to grow our community to 1500 people in 75 countries,Beneficiaries
Business and management schools
Business and management professors
Business and management students
Business for Good consultancies, investors, and partners
As of September 1, 2016, AIM2Flourish has published 184 new, untold business innovation examples that achieve one or more of the UN Global Goals. We host 7 AIM2Flourish Professor Community calls each month, in English and Spanish.Project URL
1. No poverty; 3. Good health and well-being; 4. Quality education; 8. Decent work and economic growth; 9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure; 10. Reduced inequalities; 12. Responsible consumption and production; 17. Partnerships for the goalsPartnership types of interest
Advocacy of global issues; Business opportunities in low income communities/countriesRegions / countries / territories
Americas: United StatesDetailed location
AIM2Flourish is hosted at the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit in the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland OH, United States.Issue areas
Child Labour; Children's Rights; Education; Poverty; Principle 5; YouthBusiness sectors
Industrial Goods & Services - Support Services; Other